We can always use more joy and delight in our lives, especially in our planners. Sometimes we get in a rut and it’s all black and white, boring, and ho-hum, but it doesn’t have to be! There are many ways to personalize your planner, here are our top five sure fire ways to perk up your planner.
- Doodles! Whether you’re a beginner or a doodler pro, these elements add a touch of whimsy to your planner pages. Not sure how to start? We’ve got a tutorial for every level in this Oodles of Doodles post
- Washi Tape. Washi tape is one of the easiest ways to add personality to your traditional planner or bujo-style planner. Use it to create borders, sections, or even colorful tabs. Since it comes in a wide variety of graphic prints and colors, you can pick and choose the one to uplift your mood.
- Fancy & Fun Lettering. One of the most common complaints of bujo-style planning is “My handwriting is so bad!” but happy, joyful lettering takes your planner to the next level. Check out these easy lettering resources to get you started.
- Custom Cover. When you pick up your planner or see your journal on the table, it should spark joy and make you smile! What better way than creating a custom cover. Check out this great video from HGTV Handmade for a little journal inspiration!
- Color, color, color! We believe one of the quickest ways to light up your life is with color! And your planner pages are a great place to start color coding tasks, to-do's, and all your lists. Gel pens or fineliner markers come in cheery hues ready to pep up your day.
Ready for more joy? Get a dot grid journal and gel pen bundle and start joyfully planning your to-do's!
Empty content. Please select category to preview