We tend to think of journaling as a private or solo activity and while there are tremendous benefits when we write for ourselves, there are also benefits when we have a shared journal. You’re probably thinking, “I could never share my journal!” and you could be right, but the type of shared journal we’re talking about is different.
A shared journal can be between spouses, between a parent and child, or even between best friends. In the spirit of summer travel, how about creating a journal to share between travel buddies?
The first step is to choose a journal. We recommend a blank or dot grid notebook so you can add photos and memorabilia to illustrate your entries. Next create your travel journal kit for all your on-the-go art needs. Final step? Start writing, here are a few prompts to get you started:
- Glue in your favorite picture of the two of you, and then share a few reasons why traveling together is so important.
- Describe the epic road trip you’re currently on and include a play list!
- Using only descriptive adjectives, describe your friend, on this trip, in 10 words.
- Write about a favorite memory each of you have made when traveling, and if you have any memorabilia, make sure to glue it in.
- Each of you write about your favorite meal from the trip. Bonus if you can include a small sketch!
Empty content. Please select category to preview